Labels

Monday, February 10, 2014

Some of my favorite pictures...

Here are some pictures... some of my favorites, recently.  I think this picture might be my all time favorite picture!  I just LOVE these boys, and I love my grandbaby being right there with them in their cool hats!
 
 
 
Will - my grandson
 
How cute is this boy?  I cannot express how much fun it is to be a grandmother!  It makes everything else TOTALLY worth it!
I took this picture while Cam was talking to her Dad.  I love how big it makes Will look, and how tiny she is!
 
Happy Grandad, sleepy baby!
 
 
Smiles!  Couldn't you just kiss him? 
 
Diving!
Stirling is doing so great this year!  I am really proud of him.  He has worked VERY hard to get where he is.  He is ranked in the top ten in the State of Indiana!  He also set the school record his last meet of the year.  It was pretty exciting!   He is gearing up now for Sectionals and state.  So excited for him! (Sorry about the speedo picture! I don't even think about it anymore, but forget that it is not much clothing.)  This year the High School team decided on Power Ranger practice suits.  Stirling is the red power ranger.
 
 
 
 
Eagle Scouts
 


 
The FINALLY did it! Stirling and Payne are Eagles!  So proud of them!  It was a great day to celebrate as they were awarded their eagles.  A lot of people that mean a lot in their lives came, and that meant so much!  The picture on top is BillBrown.  (no space on purpose, it is the way the boys used to say it, like it was all on word). He was Stirling and Payne's first bus driver when they started elementary school.  He has kept up with them, and often asked me how they were doing on their Eagle progress.  He came to the Court of Honor!  That is just one example of the many people that came have contributed to the growth of these boys. 
 
One of my favorite parts of the night was when they awarded the Mentor pin to their Grandfather.  (Grandy) Grandy determined that he would do all that he could to help encourage them on their path toward Eagle.  He talked with them and then told them he would meet with them once a month to have an "accountability meeting" where they talked about progress and set goals for the next month.  It made all the difference.  They love Grandy so much that they did not want to disappoint him, so they did it.  It was very touching to all of us when they both gave him the mentor pin.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment